For most of the people, salads are just a plate filled with iceberg lettuce, ac couple tomatoes and some sort of watery dressing. If prepped rightly, salads can be loaded with delicious and healthy ingredients that are proven to burn calories, boost metabolism and drop weight fast.
Here are 5 quick, easy and filing salads that are full of delicious foods that when combined with your workout routine, will help you lose your weight as fast as you have desired. And the good news is that you’ll not found any iceberg lettuce leaf in these salads.
#1. Blood Orange And Roasted Beef Salad With Walnut Dressing
Blood orange is the source of vitamin C that reduces cortisol production, a stress hormone that plays a key role in belly fat storage. Walnuts are packed with polyunsaturated fats. Research has suggested that diets rich in these “good” fats may be able to “turn off” the gene that stores body fat.
- 1 lb. beets, scrubbed clean
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups torn butter lettuce leaves
- 4 blood oranges, peeled (serve either as segments, chopped, or thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup feta
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly rub olive oil over the beets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of your beets. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and gently rub off the skin using your fingers or a paper towel. Cube and set aside.
- Toss the spinach and butter lettuce leaves together and divide among 4 bowls. Divide the remaining ingredients among the bowls: chopped avocado, blood oranges, beets and feta.
- Make the dressing: Finely chop the walnuts and place in a small bowl along with the thyme leaves, lemon juice, and minced garlic clove. Drizzle in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads and serve immediately.