Facial masks have become popular over the many past years, and not only for ladies – men additionally realize the incredible healing and maintenance power of a great face mask.
Facial masks are awesome for many reasons, as they can focus on many issues that the two men and women have. Using a face mask once or twice a week can:
- Moisturise skin
- Lessen fine lines and wrinkles
- Peel and unclog pores
- Get a deep clean that normal cleansers can’t
- Increase blood circulation in the face
- Clear acne and blackheads
- Provide general self-care that affects your mood and overall health
With regards to face masks, it can be incredibly intimidating to pick one given all of the options out there. How would you find the mask that works best for you and your skin in between all of the lingo? There are three key considerations to think about before choosing and applying a mask:
Look at the ingredients, particularly medicinal additives to make sure there’s nothing that could cause allergies.
See which special ingredients are included to produce a certain effect. For instance, charcoal is known to help detoxify and exfoliate the skin. A mask to reduce inflammation and redness will include more soothing ingredients, like mint.
Read the guidelines for how long to leave a mask on for, and also what you ought to do before or after applying it. For example, most masks say to cleanse the skin beforehand, and depending on the strength of the products in the mask, the directions may say to do a second cleansing afterward to ensure all remnants are gone.
Lastly, before you start lathering any mask on your face, have a routine in place to get the best results:
- Scrub your face using warm water to open up the pores and remove any excess dirt or oil. If you put on a mask without doing this first, you could be trapping those impurities in your skin and further stopping up your pores.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel and put on the mask as directed. Make sure to read the instructions for how long it should be on and if there are any particular application directions. Avoid the eye area.
- Wash off the mask with clean hands and gently using a clean washcloth if need be with warm water.
- Use a toner and a moisturizer to even out pores and hydrate the skin.
Since you know the nuts and bolts of using a mask, it’s an ideal opportunity to plunge into what types of masks you could potentially be using. Here are a few top-rated ones to try out depending on your skin care needs and skin type.
- Kyoku Lava Masque Acne Treatment
2. Lab Series Urban Blue Detox Clay Mask