If like many other people you also think that soup is something that you can only have in winters then you are not right. Because soup does not require any specific season to enjoy it, you can enjoy a bowl of soup anytime of the year. I am a big fan of soup, and this slow cook chicken parmesan soup is my all time favorite soup.
- One green bell pepper, chopped
- Three garlic cloves, minced
- Three cups chicken broth, plus additional if needed
- Half cup chopped white onion
- One tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Two teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you like spicy food add more)
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- Almost (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound (raw) boneless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounces (uncooked) dry Gemelli or penne pasta
1.In a slow cooker, mix bell pepper, garlic, crushed tomatoes, broth, chicken, onion, 1/3 cup cheese, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Cook on high 3-1/2 hours or the low 7 hours.
2.Shift chicken breasts to the cutting board and roughly shred; return to the slow cooker. Stir in pasta. Cook on the high for half an hour or until pasta is cooked al dente. If the soup becomes too thick after pasta is cooked, whip in additional broth until your desired consistency is reached, and warm throughout.
3.Garnished it with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley or basil.